LocalParticl Feedback/Suggestion Thread

The LocalParticl team is inviting you to test out its platform that is now running on testnet. This thread is for writing any feedback/issue/bug/suggestion you may have about their platform.

LocalParticl is a 100% community-powered platform facilitating the local or in-person exchange of cryptocurrencies. The platform currently runs on testnet and supports the following coins: Particl, Bitcoin, Monero, PIVX, Zcash, Dash, and Litecoin. LocalParticl aims on putting a specific focus on privacy coins.

Follow LocalParticl on Twitter (@LocalParticl) and send them your feedback over there. They are eager to hear what you have to say about their platform!

https://testnet.localparticl.com/

P.S. The Particl team is not associated in any way to the LocalParticl team. LocalParticl is a 100% community project.

My suggestion thus far would be the following

• Show all available buy/sell requests worldwide in the add list, and filter with the search function.
  • The wallet section needs more work and make it more user friendly, its unclear untill you click on the dispaly buttons.
  • When you register and you are asked to chose how you want your PGP keys, the learn more interactive links are not working.
  • Tutorials for how to set up an account from A - Z with setting up PGP-keys and how to use it would be wonderfull.

I like this initiative very much and I cant wait to actual use it in real life!

K.

@kraken already mentioned much of what I wanted to share.

1. Mainly the listing of all available offers is a big deal IMO, as the city filter behaves kinda weirdly (and even splits larger cities into many smaller parts). And for example, my hometown (Prague, CZ) can’t be even found, only with some weird workarounds… I’d suggest looking at some different data set or maybe just allow for showing all offers per city/country.
  2. Help page is missing some content (links, images, I guess), but you’re probably aware of this

If I could suggest some more features, it will be the following:

• big one would be of course localbitcoins-style online escrow, but I imagine that must take huge amount of work to achieve
  • offer a map showing advertisements (more eye-candy than function I guess)

I might had some more points, but that’s all from top of my head. I’ll add more if I find anything else.

Having said all that, I’m super stoked that you (somebody) actually did this! I wanted to see a site like this so badly, so kudos to whoever spent time on this! (Btw, it might not be a bad idea to post your stealth address for donations, rather on the site itself, so we know it’s you ;))

Thank you so much for your feedback! All these suggestions are being taken to heart and will start to be implemented right away.

• Getting all the listings to show by default will be a top priority. And trying to improve search (locality names are from multiple big data sets).
  • Then lots of tutorial content to create and connecting broken “Learn More” to this content.

@kraken Instead of having the user click “display”, would it make more sense to just show the deposit / withdraw addresses, and then allow the user to click on it if they want the QR code? Really want this to be as simple as possible.

• had to break this post up into 2 for mentions since this is a new account -

@allien Some investigations have been done into setting up maps using OpenStreetData. The storage requirements are a little taxing at the moment but eager to get some maps online to provide another easy way to find ads.

As far as online trading, being able to post ads to exchange one cryptocurrency for another is on the roadmap. No other online exchange support is planned at this time due to high risk of scamming and the support required to provide mediation between parties.

As per your suggestion to verify identity, added a donation page to the site; https://testnet.localparticl.com/page=docs&name=donate

Once again thank you so much for your feedback and the opportunity to serve the Particl community.

Instead of having the user click “display”, would it make more sense to just show the deposit / withdraw addresses, and then allow the user to click on it if they want the QR code?

IMO just showing “deposit” and “withdraw” as text on the link instead of “display” should be enough. Keep the functionality as is.

Some investigations have been done into setting up maps using OpenStreetData. The storage requirements are a little taxing at the moment but eager to get some maps online to provide another easy way to find ads.

Have you seen Leaflet? Dunno what your exact requirements are, but I heard nice things about this one.

Well done, looks very promising.
Here’s some feedback and my view of possible improvements:

• as already mentioned from others, the search function behaves weired
  • not all of my ads were displayed on the overall overview of ads
  • also when corresponding with the trading partner his “other ads” aren’t shown as stated at the bottom of the page
  • for creating another ad, I would prefer to add a seperate button “Create Ad”. So far I think it’s a bit hidden for the unexperienced user
  • the bell as notification alert shows an empty field if there are no notifications. If that’s the case just show a message like “no new messages or notifications” instead of a blank field
  • in the dashboard I don’t like all the different buttons to select the filters on the very top. Maybe rather integrate them rather on the left in a kind of Menu and start right away with the listings.
  • As to expect for this early development stage there are also some easy to fix spelling issues:
    Only some where I stumbled on: “Selling part WITH cash in EUR” --> FOR
    In the german translation there are also plenty of words that doesn’t fit: sparen --> speichern; Anmelden --> Registrieren; …

Many thanks for your work. I have no experience at all with localbitcoins or similar tools. However I think this is also one more important piece of a puzzle to bring more users to the world of crypto and it’s private marketplaces. Great :slight_smile:

@LocalParticl

Yes this would be much easier to understand!

Since it is testnet and I have not had the chanse to interact with someone on the site, I would like to know will you be getting direct notifications or messages on the site itself? Or will the main focus of user interaction be via encrypted mail messages? Because when you register and fill in the form it says email is optional so I dont know how a person on the other end could reach out.

Once your website is live I am willing to contribute some of my time to make tutorials on Medium, and you are more then welcome to use the content!
If your site need translations, I have done translations for Particl on transifex and I am willing to do the same for LocalParticl.

Keep up the good work :+1::+1:

@allien Thanks for pointing out Leaflet. That seems like an easier solution than some others I’ve looked at.

-broke up post again for multi-mentions

@kraken For users who prefer to not use an e-mail development of browser push notifications is currently underway.

Some translation assistance would be wonderful. Planned on creating some budget for getting some translations done and spreading this funding within the PART community/economy is of course ideal!

Improvements and suggestions mentioned here will continue to be implemented. Now that the Particl Open Marketplace has an official launch date the heat is on :fire:!