Bounty for implementing PART-compatible version of Electrum wallet
Electrum is an open-source light Bitcoin wallet with some interesting advanced features, which are the main reason behind this bounty:
1. Multi-signature wallets
Electrum supports multi-sig wallets, which greatly increases security of your funds. We already have a Copay mobile/desktop wallet with multi-sig support, but it lacks one big feature, compared to Electrum:
2. Hardware wallet support
…Electrum also plays nicely with HW wallets, namely Trezor One/T & Ledger Nano S/X (and more).
Combining these two features along with cold staking support, with Electrum for Particl, we could once again raise a bar for crypto security. Imagine having 2 or more hardware wallets, all used in one multi-sig wallet with coins, passively cold staking via our own node or a staking pool.
If this bounty would be claimed, bear in mind that we will need to run a network of PART Electrum servers, so we’ll definitely need volunteers to do so.
Both bounties are managed by @allien.
Bounty values as of July 18, 2019 – check addresses below for exact values.
1. Electrum wallet + server
- Bounty address: PYjgASNUJtbYkQ9hDoGzoG7W5gVdVwt6mq
- Supply Electrum wallet for Particl (open source in public repo)
- Supply Electrum server for Particl (open source in public repo)
- Privacy: public TXs support mandatory, since use case here is secure “savings account” with HW multi-sig support
2. First public Electrum server
50 PARTfor running first PART Electrum server on mainnet (for at least a year)
- Bounty address: Pbp6m9U714RFGk8FJ5KHqsM3b2qPFM2bLJ
- Offer a first running server for public (for at least a year)
- Write a guide on how to run the server for others (will be placed on Wiki)
Does the idea of having multi-sig hardware wallets with cold-staking enabled sounds good to you? Throw in a few PARTs to any of the bounty addresses to incentivize the developers! The whole community will benefit from this.
Questions/suggestions? Comment below!